This is an update I posted on our internal website the next morning (I got my laptop on the internet via my cellphone, but battery time was limited).
ARES EC team has met with EMA and VOAD last nite, and again this morning.
Here is a quick synopsis from this morning’s meeting :
* Search & rescue until at least noon. No volunteers allowed in ……….
* All of N.Ala from MS to GA is without power, plan for five days without.
Athens may have some power, but maybe not for long.
Fayetteville, tn has full service.
* Madison County was hit badly; Limestone, Marshall, Morgan may be worse
= = stay near home, help your neighbors
* Dusk-to-dawn curfew, no school before Tue.
* Conserve, conserve, conserve, conserve, conserve – water, food, fuel, batteries
* Stay off the roads, stay off the transmit button – unless essential.
* Do NOT call 911 unless dire emergency,
all other calls to 211 for assistance.
* Phone in the EOC radio room is 256-xxx-yyyy (pots-line)
* Currently EMA has no internet access in the EOC.
(I am posting this from my laptop at home via cel-phone modem)
We are using 146.94 primary for net, initially conducted from w4hmc
– please – always listen first, minimize Tx.
147.22back channel for coordination, fail-over if 94 repeater goes down.
Tom will be NCS at EOC
Alan will be meeting with N.AL Medical Reserve Corps,
to go setup field clinic at Sparkman School
Chuck will be @ home, generator, HF liasion
John getting fuel, then back to EOC for alternate NCS
Jordan sleep some, refuel, then available @ EOC
Mark available to coordinate resources/volunteers
Managing staffing for comm services at :
* EMA EOC NCS
* Red Cross
* Sparkman Medical
* Salvation Army Canteen Truck
* United Way
Tim available for hospital ( likely check in with and go to Crestwood)
As much as it is appreciated,
* the Sheriff and/or National Guard will NOT let you in.
More later. /;^)
ARRL/ARES Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Madison County Alabama
These posts have links to my DropBox photo galleries as well :